Instagram -->

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

34 Weeks: Hospital Tour

First up, update on my baby shower post with more pictures!  My wonderful friend Heather Ratliff once again outdid herself and captured some amazing shots at the shower.  Thank you Heather!

This week was far from fun.  I came down with a terrible cold, had to cancel all of my work appointments, didn't go to school, and was basically in bed all week.  I started feeling crummy over the weekend, and by Monday I knew I had to get in to see the doctor.  I was able to reschedule our already booked appointment from Wednesday to Monday afternoon, where the NP diagnosed me with "just a bad cold."

A BIG thank you to my wonderful friend Liz who came over with some magical oils (doTERRA essential oils), which almost instantaneously made me feel better.  I applied them to the bottoms of my feet throughout the day, and for the first time in a three nights I was able to sleep completely through the night without waking up with coughing fits.  I am convinced in the power of these essential oils and have started incorporating them into my daily routine, especially at bedtime with lavender to help with my insomnia, and hope to use them during labor and delivery as well.

Update on baby: Baby is weighing in at +/- 5 pounds and can recognize and react to familiar songs or sounds.  Continuing to grow stronger and stronger every day.

We also visited the hospital this weekend.  I am so glad that we booked this tour, it definitely put me at ease knowing exactly which way we will take to get to the hospital, where to park, which floor to go to, and where to check in.  I didn't realize how often they would be moving me once inside the hospital either.  First I check in, go to triage (which is like the maternity ER), then we go to a labor/delivery room, and 1-2 hours after the baby is born we go to the postpartum room, where we will stay until discharge.

Last but not least, here is a picture for this week, I am looking...VERY pregnant haha, and remember, I was sick! 
Here is Hops in his latest "crash pad"

2 comments:

  1. I think you look great! I like checking in on your weekly updates because I'm also 34 weeks along :) We have our hospital tour tonight and I'm very anxious to get that all figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Erin! I love that there are others outside of family and friends who are able to view and relate to the blog. Have fun on your hospital tour!

    ReplyDelete