Instagram -->

Sunday, March 23, 2014

36 Weeks: 9 Months!!

4 weeks left until our little one arrives!  This was one of the first tough lessons I had to learn when I became pregnant, you are not pregnant for 9 months, you're in it for nearly a full 10.  It didn't bother me so much the previous 36 weeks, but now that we're here, I'm ready for this baby to come!  Well, half of me is; the other half of me is currently making another list of last minute things we need to get done.

This weekend we put up the birch tree wall decals in the nursery.  We ordered them from In An Instant Art Schop on Etsy.  They turned out SO cute, I absolutely love them!  There are a few more DIY projects that I'm trying to complete before posting a full nursery reveal.  I found a foot stool for the glider and a decorative wall display shelf at an antique mall that need to be recovered and painted.  I'm also putting a cute tiered basket on the dresser/changing table that needs to be repainted.




My parents and brother came into town Wednesday after I got out of class just in time to join us for our final birthing class.  Mostly it was my mom who sat in, but I'm really glad she was there to get a sense of what we want our birthing experience to be like. 

Thursday we went to the new Chicago Cubs spring training site to see them play the Mariners.  It was a little overcast, but still a beautiful day.  The facility reminds me a lot of the Diamondback Salt River Field.  I heard it was supposed to replicate Wrigley Field with brick, but there was hardly any.  I was a bit disappointed in that.  Everyone drank ice cold beers while I noshed on chocolate ice cream.  It was delish, but I miss beer!!

Friday morning my mom and I headed to Target to get a few things for the delivery and after the baby comes home.  It was nice to just spend some alone time with her.  I loved walking through the baby isles with her as she gushed over how cute this was and how cute that was.  Jeremy never does that!

Now onto the good stuff!

Update on baby and I.  I thought a couple of weeks ago I had strained my right groin muscle.  It hurt every now and then, but nothing too bad.  Well, I got home Tuesday and I could hardly walk I was in such bad pain.  Every time I took a step it was like an ice pick stabbing me in my groin.  I, of course, had a bunch of stuff planned for that afternoon to get ready for my parents coming into town.  Instead, I curled up on the couch with tears streaming every time I changed positions.  I was also experiencing some pain in my low back, more like surges; not like a back ache - different.  I tried timing them, but they were so inconsistent.  Still worried, I called the nurse triage at my OBGYN office and they explained I was experiencing round ligament pain probably because the baby has dropped further into my pelvis.  Since I had an appointment a couple of days later, she saw no need for me to come in.

So, my mom, dad, Jeremy, and I drove into Ahwatukee for my doctor's appointment on Thursday.  I was anxious to hear what the doctor thought of my symptoms.  My parents were able to come into the room to hear the baby's heartbeat.  I love how their faces light up every time they hear it.  Once they left, the doctor did an exam.  She explained that I was 1 full centimeter dilated, 80% effaced, and a -2 station.  An alarm sounded in my brain, "I'M IN LABOR, I'M IN LABOR, I'M IN LABOR!!!"  But, as calmly as I could, I asked, "so what does that mean?"

She explained that this could mean I go into labor the next day... or in 3 weeks (pretty big time frame, huh?!).  But that the baby has definitely dropped down.  We need to get the cervix to 100% effaced (so we're not far from that) and when the head is crowing I'll be at a +5 station (still far from this number).  So, in other words, the process has started, but there's no telling when I'll go into full on labor.

I'm paying much closer attention to my body and any signs it gives me, but so far things seem fairly normal.  My groin pain has become much better the last couple of days, and I'm nearly walking without any pain.  I've been doing pelvic tilts and cat/cow yoga positions to attempt to help.  I'm feeling the surges in my back every now and then, but nothing consistent.  We are packing the hospital bag this weekend and car seat base is in the backseat.  I'd love for this little one to grow a bit more before entering this world (plus I have a group presentation next Wednesday that I really need to attend).

So, for now, we'll continue on as normal.  See you in a week :)

OH!  One last thing.

I decided to use BabyHunch.com to put together a Baby Pool where you can guess certain things such as Baby's Birth date (date and time, Baby's Sex, Baby's Weight, etc, etc.).
If you'd like to play, simply click the link provided below to submit your guess!
Once you visit the page, click 'Enter New Hunches' to submit your hunches...Who ever is the closest may just win a prize!  (It's free, you don't have to sign up for anything)
Just click here--> Tess and Jeremy's Baby Pool

4 comments:

  1. Look at that belly! :) You're right. I LOVE the nursery!! Can't wait to see it in person and meet baby Rials. Take care of yourself these last few weeks. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! Can't wait for everyone to meet this little one :)

      Delete
  2. The nursery is super cute! I love the green owls! I can't wait to hold your precious little one. I will bring you a meal and trade it for baby snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Jeremy picked out the owls actually, did a great job :) Food for baby sounds like the perfect swap ;)

      Delete