Instagram -->

Monday, March 3, 2014

33 Weeks

Well, I'm on the verge of a terrible cold.  I've gone 8 months without getting sick, and then BAM...outta nowhere.  We have a doctor's appointment this weeks, so we'll see how I'm doing then.  So, there will be no chalkboard pic this week :(

We had a wonderful weekend.  We bought a few more baby items, getting the major gear checked off the list.  This included our car seat, and a STEAL of a deal on our 4moms mommaRoo baby swing.  Can't wait to get all of these out of boxes and set up in their final resting places.  We also had a great lunch at Cornish Pasty Co. with Jeremy's family, and went to a spring training game on Sunday.
Jeremy with some Tabasco Bloody Mary Mix
Bloody Mary bar at the Leonard's before the Giants vs DBacks spring training game




Baby update:  The baby is the size of a durian fruit...which is what???  Here's what one looks like, no idea what it is.  Baby is now over 4 pounds and continuing to do aerobics and have dance parties at all times of the day/night.  One day this past week the baby had the hiccups 3 times in one day, still continues to be one of my favorite feelings.  Baby could grow up to one inch just this week!  Can we say growth spurt!  With all of this new growth, the baby has moved right underneath my rib cage...not so comfortable.  More fun facts, baby is now keeping eyes open while awake, coordinating breathing and sucking and swallowing (which I am assuming is leading to the hiccups), and bones are starting to harden.

Momma-to-be update:  Other then feeling sick, things are going well.  I'm definitely starting to feel overheated at times, which is due to my metabolism going through the roof.  Continuing with shortness of breath, especially when climbing stairs.  Pregnancy brain for sure.  What was I just going to say....???  Jeremy has taken over with finishing my sentences and stories, where would I be without him?  Stammering, that's where!  Definitely bumping the belly into more things as well, haven't quite got the hang of judging whether I'll fit through a snug space or not.

Jeremy and I have also started our Hypnobirthing relaxation DVD/CD.  Since we decided to go down this route, I've struggled with telling people about it.  I'm not sure if I'm just being sensitive about it, but I find more often then not, that I'm being judged about our decision to go down this road.  It's as if right behind their comments of, "Well that sounds interesting," they're actually thinking, "there's no way she'll be able to do it."  I understand that birth is so different with everyone, and each person has their own story, so it's hard to plan something that can turn at the drop of a hat.  But I think that this method will not only help me through bringing our child into this world, but these techniques will stay with us far beyond that, helping us get through big events in the future.

Anyhow...onto more fun things.  If you're pregnant, go buy some maternity underwear.  That's right, they sell maternity undies!  Can't believe I waited so long to purchase some, and I have not looked back since!  That's it for this week.  We'll be hitting the 6 week countdown in the next post!!! (freaking out behind the keyboard right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment