Instagram -->

Sunday, March 16, 2014

35 Weeks

It's been a busy week!  Tuesday we put the pack-n-play together and also received the video monitor.  Those pack-n-plays are NOT easy to assemble!  Directions were terrible, and I was constantly having to go back a step or two to re-do and switch things around.  No wonder people like the 4moms Breeze playard so much, one step and it's ready to go!

We also went to our first baby class.  It was a baby care class where we learned baby care skills, safety information, feeding, diapering, bathing, and comforting a baby.  We also learned about symptoms of illness and when to call/see the pediatrician.  In addition, we received info on what happens the first hour of the babies life and what tests/procedures to expect.

We had to bring a stuffed animal to practice on and I absolutely LOVED seeing Jeremy put a diaper on a teddy bear and then swaddle it, haha.  I have to admit, I thought I knew a good amount about babies, but I learned a TON at this class!

Then, I got a bit of a surprise on Wednesday.  (this may be too much info for some, so skip onto the next paragraph if you don't want to read more detailed pregnancy issues :)) I believe I lost my mucus plug late Wednesday morning.  This was the one and only time I wish I had one of those "What To Expect When Expecting" pregnancy books.  I had no idea what this meant, was I labor?!?!  I immediately called my doctor's office to talk to the nurses on call.  She explained that it's not necessarily a precursor to labor, and gave me all the signs and symptoms of labor to look for that would indicate me coming into the office before my next appointment (next week) to get checked out.  I'm not leaking any fluid (my water hasn't broken) and I don't believe I'm experiencing any contractions.  So, we're just at a wait and see what happens stage.

But what a wake up call!  So this weekend we will definitely be tying up lose ends, purchasing the rest of the necessities, hopefully finishing up the nursery, as well as the big one: PICKING OUT NAMES!

Friday we started our birthing classes.  We are doing hypnobirthing.  Every time I work on my relaxation techniques...I end up falling asleep!  I immediately felt comfortable with our instructor Sara, and knew this is exactly who we were supposed to be working with and the way we are supposed to bring our baby into this world.  Here is more info on Sara and hypnobirthing: http://www.saravaughanetc.com/   Our session lasted nearly 3 hours, she came to the house and it was like having a friend on the couch to talk to.  It was so refreshing to talk to someone about this birthing technique who completely understood why we chose this route and to hear her stories, tips, techniques, and really discuss everything about our labor from nearly top to bottom.  We have some homework to accomplish over the next week, and I'm feeling more and more comfortable each day with the though of bringing this little one into our world.

Update on baby:  The baby is the size of a coconut and over 5 pounds.  Hearing is fully developed and Jeremy and I have started playing lullabies for the baby.  They say the baby will be able to recognize these songs once the baby is born.

I've received quite a few comments that it looks as though the baby has dropped.  This little one is also getting stronger by the day.  There have been a couple of nights where the baby has kicked my ribs so hard it takes my breath away!  This definitely happens more often when I am laying on my right side, which is my favorite side to sleep on!

Well, this post has gone on and on!  We have another busy week ahead of us, my parents will be visiting, we have a doctor's appointment, and another spring training game.  We also added some to the nursery that I will post next week.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment