Instagram -->

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

32 Weeks: Showered with Love

What an exciting weekend it was!  My Mother In Law and Mom hosted the baby shower at my grandmothers house.  The two of them had lots of help from friends and family, making for one amazing celebration.  I've never felt more overwhelmed with love and gratitude.  My amazing friend Heather once again came through with capturing the wonderful memories of this time spent with my friends and family, and I can't wait to see how they all turn out.  Here are a few I took myself:
My BFF Erin set up this amazing DIY Mimosa Bar
What a loot!
Such a cute basket!
Jeremy's favorite gift

Update on baby: We are at the 8 month mark!  Baby is the size of a squash, according to The Bump, growing and growing.  Definitely feeling more cramped.  We had a doctor's appointment on Thursday that went great.  We were able to hear the heartbeat, which I absolutely love.  Nice and loud :)  As I lifted my shirt for the doctor to place the Doppler on my belly she commented how beautiful my skin was and asked, "are you happy with it?!"  I laughed out loud and replied that I was.  "What a strange thing for her to ask," I though.  

I asked if the baby was head down, and she explained that now through the next couple of weeks the amniotic fluid is at it's peak, so the baby is very freely swimming around in there.  So even if that day the baby was head down, it would probably change by that evening.

We scheduled our last 6 appointments, which felt very unreal.  Only 6 left?!  But then what?!  We will go every other week for the next month, and then our last month we will go in every week.  We also received some contact info to schedule our hospital tour and some classes.  

I'm definitely feeling slowed down.  Especially going up the stairs.  Every time I make the ascent, I think to myself, I really wish I had done the stair climber more at the gym while carrying 10 pound weights in each hand.  That would have prepared me!  With the baby/uterus pressing up on my diaphragm, I'm definitely feeling out of breath more often.  Not craving anything in particular, but salty and sweet together are always a good combo.  

Well that's a wrap up of Week 32, see you in a week!

UPDATE: Here are a few pictures from the baby shower:






No comments:

Post a Comment