Instagram -->

Saturday, March 26, 2016

20 Weeks Baby Rials 2.0

Happy Easter!  Dress: Old Navy Maternity






Today I turned 21 weeks, so I'll be discussing our 20th week with this babe! 


Baby: Size of a banana, weighing in at 10.2 oz and 6.5 inches long.  Baby has gained almost 2 ounces again this past week, putting on some much needed fat!  Taste buds are fully formed and baby is gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day.

This week we had a regular OB appointment where Charlotte and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat.  Everything is looking good!

Mama: Feeling okay.  Back is sore but might be due to my weightlifting workouts this week. Maternity clothes have officially taken over the closet and my drawers, and although there's a few elastic waist pre-pregnancy pieces I can still squeeze into, I'm sticking to the comforts these days.

Craving fruit and salads again this week.  Trying VERY hard not to buy the on-sale Ben & Jerry's at Target each week!  I've also been experienceing some nausea this week.  I started taking my prenatal (I'm out of my folate supplement) and fish oil supplements again, so I'm not sure if that's the culprite or not. 

Non-maternity shorts: Kohl's, shirt: Liz Lang Maternity from Target

Non-maternity shorts: Forever 21; tank: Old Navy Maternity

New order of maternity clothes from Gap and Old Navy!

Physical Health: I have only worked out a few days this week, not part of my goal so I'm a bit disappointing in this number. I did try a new 22 minute workout from Beachbody that I LOVED! Here's a quick little video all about 22 Minute Hard Corps from P90X trainer Tony Horton.  Also check out my FB page Raising Rials Health and Wellness for my own video of this quick cardio sesh.

We also met up with a few friends to celebrate Easter on Friday.  It was a beautiful day to be outside and get some vitamin D.


Mental/Emotional Health: An emotion I have been trying VERY hard to avoid this pregnancy: ENVY.  I wouldn't say I'm jealous, but more envious of my fit friends.  I miss my pre-pregnancy body (when I was in the best shape of my life).

My private challenge group on Facebook was asked to compliment ourselves on the progress we've made thus far in our fitness/healthy living journey.  I had SUCH a hard time with this.  My body is CONSTANTLY changing, nothing is getting smaller, I'm having to wear all bigger clothes.  Yes, I get it, I'm pregnant.  This is what's supposed to happen.  It's just a tough week for my self image I guess.

Goals for next week: work out 4 days this week, daily mantra: I am beautiful, I am enough.  Lead with my best qualities.  What are your goals for the week ahead?

7 comments:

  1. You are not alone in thinking about your before body. It tough especially with summer coming! You look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thanks.
    Cara Menurunkan Asam Lambung Dengan Cepat
    cara mengobati luka di usus

    ReplyDelete
  3. This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.
    penyebab asam urat tak terduga
    cara alami mengatasi susah tidur
    manfaat buah alpukat untuk kesehatan
    manfaat pisang bagi kesehatan dan kecantikan

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?
    Cara Menyembuhkan Nyeri Dada Tengah Secara Alami

    ReplyDelete