Instagram -->

Saturday, March 19, 2016

19 weeks Baby Rials 2.0


Today I turned 20 weeks, so I'll be discussing our 19th week with this babe! 




Baby: Size of a mango, weighing in at 8.5 oz and 6 inches long.  Baby has gained almost 2 ounces this past week, big gains!  Baby is developing the vernix caseosa which is a waxy coating covering the baby's skin protecting it from the surrounding amniotic fluid.. Baby's 5 senses are forming: never cells for taste, hearing, sight, and smell are developing in baby's brain.

This week we had a regular OB appointment where Charlotte and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat.  Everything is looking good!

Mama: Feeling great!  No back or hip pain. Wearing more and more maternity clothes. Craving fruit again this week, can't get enough. And an occasional pint of Ben & Jerry's (chocolate fudge brownie, YUM!)





Attended The Mom Made Market in Scottsdale, AZ.  Dress from Forever 21




Physical Health: I have worked out 5 days this week!  4 workouts at home and walked the zoo on Friday.  It was so CRAZY busy at the zoo we had to park across the street which increased my overall mileage which was a bit of a challenge.

This week I focused on an amazing Beachbody program called PiYo.  It's perfect for where I am in my pregnancy as it allows me to get in a high intensity workout with low impact.  It's also on SALE this month! So if you're interested in starting a new workout routine at home please feel free to email me at raisingrials@gmail.com.

I also added in some weightlifting with Beachbody's Active Maternity workout for the second trimester.  It's with the 21 Day Fix trainer Autumn Calabrese and is a great workout for maintaining and improving the strength you need get through the rest of your pregnancy as well as after baby comes.  If you're an expectant mommy and would like more info on this program please email me at raisingrials@gmail.com

Last but not least we headed to the mountains for a weekend hike.

St. Patty's Day workout: PiYo. 

Hike at San Tan Mountain, AZ.  Top: Lululemon
Top: Liz Lang Maternity - Target; Shorts: Ann Taylor Loft
Dress: Forever 21; Cartigan: Ann Taylor Loft

Mental/Emotional Health: Another emotional week that I wasn't expecting!  Actually the week was good, but then Friday I had a fellow Beachbody coach and expectant mom tag me in a post about saying goodbye to your only child before leaving to go to the hospital to have your second child.  I thought that was a tough one, but then another mom posted a link to this article that I have saved in my phone and read frequently (although I cry almost every time I read it).

Let me know what you think! You Won't Remember But I Will

No comments:

Post a Comment