Instagram -->

Saturday, April 9, 2016

22 Weeks Baby Rials 2.0

Maternity outfit: Top Old Navy Maternity, Shorts Gap Maternity (both on sale)

Today I turned 22 weeks, so I'll be discussing our 21st week with this babe! 


Baby: Size of a papaya, weighing in at one whole pound and almost a foot long!  Baby is sleeping in cycles - about 12 to 14 hours per day.  Baby is kicking like CRAZY!  When Jeremy was little he was in Karate, so I told him this little one is practicing karate ALL day long in there.  In fact, I even got a little video of it, head over to my Instagram page to check it out {IG: tessrials}.

Mama:I have been TERRIBLY sick ALL WEEK!  Being sick is one thing, but add on to that pregnancy and a constantly on the move toddler... it has been a test in patience for sure! I started with a tickle in my throat Friday night on my way to an event, I even said to my friend, "I bet I'm going to get laryngitis this weekend." Well, I got an upper respiratory and sinus infection instead.  I'm FINALLY feeling like a normal human being again!

On a different note, my in-laws were in town this past weekend so we held an early celebration for Charlotte.  She LOVED her chocolate cake and being sang to.  One of her favorite gifts was this too-cute-for-words Mini Cooper car that we take to the park daily.



Physical Health: Non-existent this week. I have been focusing on my nutrition as I wanted to start a round of my favorite fitness and nutrition program 21 Day FixSo, why am I following a diet if I'm pregnant?

I've been asked this quite a bit lately! It's actually NOT a diet. I suck at diets ;) this has been a lifestyle change not just for me, but our entire family.  21 Day Fix has a portion control nutrition plan to ensure I'm eating the RIGHT foods and the right AMOUNT of foods.  My doctor has suggested I eat in a certain calorie bracket, BUT this doesn't mean I have to count calories. It just means I get to add a few more containers to my normal eating plan.

Part of my nutrition plan is this nutrient dense super food shake.  It has helped both Jeremy and I lose and maintain our current weight, has replaced ALL of our other vitamins and supplements (I am taking Folate, but not a prenatal vitamin as this has everything a prenatal has and so much MORE), and definitely given me my energy back.  Check out more on this chocolate milkshake I have for breakfast every morning here: Shakeology

If you'd like more info on this program, please email me at raisingrials@gmail.com

PB&J Chocolate Vegan Shakeology with Power Greens Boost
Mental/Emotional Health: This week has forced me to SLOOOOOWWWWW down, look for patience where ever it may be, and thank my lucky stars for an amazing husband.  Being a stay at home/work at home mom means that when you get sick you DO NOT get sick days.  That is a TOUGH pill to swallow.  So I have definitely had to rely on my support system this week.

I've also REALLY started to think about my birth plan, and it's not what I expected AT ALL!  I kinda want to try going all natural again.  If you haven't read Charlotte's birth story, you can check it out HERE.  I wanted to go all natural with her and we had been focusing on Hypnobirthing, and it was such a long and painful process I thought there would be NO WAY I would want to relive that.  BUT....I also HATED the after effects of the epidural/IV.  So, I'm exploring the ideas right now...it'll probably be a game time decision :)



No comments:

Post a Comment