Instagram -->

Sunday, October 6, 2013

We're Pregnant!!!

We could not be more happy to announce that we are pregnant!!!  Third time was the charm I guess.

My monthly "friend" was supposed to arrive Friday night and never showed...  So, Saturday afternoon, when Jeremy got home from work, we went down to Walgreen's and bought a pregnancy test.
 I read the box, opened up and read the instructions all before we even pulled into the garage.  I kid you not, before I was done peeing (sorry for the visual) the test appeared positive.  I yell out screaming from the bathroom, "it's positive, it's positive!"  Jeremy claimed I was reading it wrong and asked to look at the directions.  Read them over thoroughly, set the timer for the called for 2 minute wait time, and then re-visited the results.  Of course they were exactly the same, but he wanted to really make sure we were following the directions to a T.

I will be calling my OB/GYN on Monday to schedule my first appointment, which I don't think will be for another few weeks.  From what I've read they want to see you around the 8 week mark.  We are 4 weeks and 6 days along, which is CRAZY to think!!  Almost 5 weeks along, my mind is still blown.

I have already updated my account on thebump.com and I'm really pleased with all the info I've already received from this website.  I've also downloaded a new app.  I was previously using the app called My Days
to track my menstrual and ovulation cycles, but I"m  now using the What to expect Pregnancy app (which is free)
on my iPhone.  It's from the same creators as the book What To Expect When Your Expecting and has a boatload of information.  I'm almost a little overwhelmed and at the moment I'm good with not buying any pregnancy books.  Although, I was thinking of looking into a recipe book for eating organic/whole foods during the pregnancy.  We are already eating this way nearly all the time, but I would like some different recipes to change things up.

Now, for a little about the baby.  Of course I have already calculated the due date (well, the app actually did the calculations) and we are due April 2014 which I am very excited about.  Originally I thought I was due in May and we have a MILLION birthdays already in May and my BFF is getting married in May and the though was completely overwhelming.  But once I switched apps and read a little more into figuring out the due date I was relieved to see April as the new month.

The baby is the size of an orange seed right now, so tiny!  I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this.  I did the Chinese Calendar on thebump.com and it claims it's going to be a boy, which Jeremy was very happy about.

As for me, I'm a little tired.  My boobs are super sore, and every time I turn around I'm headed back to the bathroom with a full bladder.  The site says the baby is forming right on top of my bladder, putting added pressure on it and decreasing the capacity.  But this should subside in the coming weeks.

I'm so excited to see what I look like with a belly, to hear the heatbeat, see the first picture, and to tell all of our friends and family.  We are going to wait until after my first doctor's appointment to tell our parents, then the siblings and close friends will follow.  I will not be publishing anything about the pregnancy/baby on any social media until after the first trimester.

And with all that being said, I start back to school next Monday!  Oh, and Breaking Bad starts back up tonight, so we're super excited about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment