Instagram -->

Sunday, October 13, 2013

13 Weeks

We are in week 13 and the last day of the first trimester.  Tomorrow will be the start of the Second Trimester!!!  Can't believe we are one third of the way complete.

It's been a busy week, I had two essays and two exams on top of all of my other assignments this week, in addition to working.  I'm continuing to struggle with headaches, and am not finding much relief in anything.  I've read that headaches can be caused from surging hormones, drops in blood sugar, increased blood volume and circulation, stress, lack of sleep, and even dehydration.  So I've been trying really hard to eat consistently, constantly drinking water, and starting back into exercising to decrease my stress.  But fingers crossed, they also say that they should stop during the second trimester.

 I've also been experiencing "round ligament pain."  During pregnancy, the uterus expands from about the size of an apple to the size of a watermelon.  The ligaments that surround and support the uterus and connect it to your groin are collectively called the round ligaments.  These need to stretch and thicken to accommodate that change, and it can hurt!  They're sharp pains in my lower abdomen/hip area when I move to quickly, go from sitting to standing, coughing, or laughing.

Other then that, I'm feeling good.  I've been craving grilled cheese and bean burritos this week (separately, not together).  I also took my belly button ring out this week, it was visibly sticking out from shirts and looked odd, so it had to go...and do people still have their belly button's pierced??  My sense of smell is absolutely ridiculous.  I could smell my professors breath from 20 feet away (that class is in a lecture hall), and I could smell the city paving a road 3 miles away.  Jeremy has had to throw the trash out almost on a daily basis; if he doesn't, I can't even enter the kitchen without dry heaving.

As you can see in the picture, the baby is the size of a peach, has vocal chords and finger prints.  The baby is about 3 inches long and weighs .8 oz.

That sums up the week.  Here are a few pictures from over the weekend from decorating the front yard for Halloween:

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting week! I hope your headaches ease up as you move on to your second (and best) trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am almost 13 weeks, as well and my nausea has (somewhat) subsided and has been replaced by heartburn :( I have also had daily headaches since about 6 weeks. My doctor told me to have a can of Coke and some Tylenol which REALLY has been a lifesaver. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! My headaches have been coming on at night, so I'm trying to avoid caffeine so that I can try and fall asleep. If it's bad enough I have been taking Tylenol. When I had heartburn I put an extra pillow under me, to elevate my head/chest, and that really helped me. Thanks for the advice!

      Delete