Instagram -->

Sunday, October 20, 2013

14 Week Pregnancy update

Today is the last day of my 14th week.



I started working out again this week and am using a great DVD Program.  It's Tracy Anderson's The Pregnancy Project.  It's only $12 on Amazon right now and includes 9 DVD's!  I haven't done a single squat or lunge and my glutes and hamstrings are so sore!!  Definitely recommend this series if you don't have a gym membership, like working out at home, have minimal space, and don't need a ton of instruction.  She's not the best at explaining some of the exercises, but you can see her do them herself, and you have the option to eliminate her voice and just play the music if you choose.  I did purchase two 3 pound weights from target and in addition use my yoga mat and dining room chair for some of the exercises.  I had a workout partner with me this week:




I'm definitely feeling better.  My nausea has almost completely subsided, although I've still been pretty exhausted at the end of the day.  Headaches are still around and haven't seemed to get much better.  I've continued to experience the round ligament pains, but they're infrequent.  My tail bone has also really started to hurt, and I haven't done anything to it that I can recall.  I'll have to see if that's also a pregnancy symptom.  I have been CRAVING bean burritos, it gets stuck in my brain and I can't think of anything else.  I would be perfectly happy eating a bean burrito for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I almost forgot!...I also cut nearly 3 inches off my hair this week!  One of my good friends referred me to her hairstylist and I LOVE how it turned out!



Baby is the size of a lemon this week.  Approximate size is 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces, which is almost double in weight since last week. Baby has the ability to suck his/her thumb and wiggle his/her toes.  We actually agreed on a baby girl's name this week (BIG VICTORY).  So we have one name on the list so far haha.  It's been pretty easy for me to come up with girl names, but I'm struggling with boy names!

This weekend we celebrated my Mother In Law's (MIL) birthday and I absolutely love the gifts we got her.  I heard a lot of good things about this book and thought it would be perfect for her:  Funny, You Don't Look Like A Grandmother.  I'm also a huge fan of ETSY and love buying personalized gifts from here.  We purchased this personalized wooden sign for her as well.

Personalized wooden sign w vinyl quote  The only thing better than having you for my MOM is my children having you as a grandma

Well that sums up the week.  If everything goes as planned my mom will be coming up this coming weekend and we'll do a little maternity clothes shopping (I'm struggling to get into my non-pregnant clothes right now!)  See you all in a week!



2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog {through a pinterest picture} and am also due in April! It will be fun to follow along with someone else through this journey! -Erin
    http://cowellandharris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Erin! And Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete