Instagram -->

Sunday, April 6, 2014

38 weeks

Well, we have made it through the 38th week.  It's really interesting how much my perspective has changed in just this one week.  At the beginning of the week I was feeling great, in fact, I remember saying to myself, "I could definitely do this for a couple of more weeks."  Fast forward to the end of the week and I have been singing a different tune...

I CAN'T GET COMFORTABLE.  No matter which side I lay on, sitting, or standing; I feel squished all of the time.  There is literally no more room in this belly.  I had a twinge of guilt as I told Jeremy, nearly in tears the other night, "I just want my body back."  I've housed this little one for nearly ten months and my body is TIRED.  I know this is the safest place for this little one, and that the baby will come when it's ready.  But...I'm tired; my back is tired, my feet are tired, I'm tired of wearing maternity clothes...I'm just plain tired.

Okay, enough complaining.  I really have had an easy pregnancy.  Although, now I completely understand why women say the last couple of weeks creep by at a snails pace.  We are "fully" prepared for baby, clothes purchased, baby gear bought and assembled, nursery complete, classes taken; now we just wait....and wait..and wait for this little one's arrival.  Hopefully, fingers crossed, not too much longer. 

We had a doctor's appointment on Thursday.  Everything was pretty much the same, except the baby has dropped a little more from a -2 station to a 0 station.  We reviewed our birth preferences with our provider, and felt really good about how the conversation went.

Baby is measuring at exactly 38 weeks, and I have gained back the handful of pounds I had lost a couple of weeks ago.

If the baby has hair, it could be up to 1 inch long now.  My feet and hands are swelling, and tending to stay that way; so, sadly, I am no longer wearing my wedding band and engagement ring :(

I think we have finally narrowed down two boys names and two girls names.  The girls names I have liked from the very beginning and I'm glad Jeremy was on board with my suggestions.  I went through our baby name book (for the 15th time) and found a few more to add to the boy name list, then had Jeremy look it over.  We both liked a name that neither of us had mentioned before.  This name is really growing on me, and now that we have names pretty much narrowed down, I'm even more anxious to meet this little one.

This week we also went to pick out the baby's take-home outfit.  We both walked into the store, and had the sales associate show us around to the newborn outfits.  We ended up in the little girls section first, and I'm not sure if I was looking too much into things, but I felt like we spent a long time in this section.  We found an adorable dress, then headed over to the boys section.  Not as many outfits seemed to jump out at us, but we finally agreed on a little boys outfit.  Then I left the store and headed to the car while Jeremy paid for the outfit we will eventually bring our little one home in.  He hid the bag in the trunk, snuck it inside the house, washed and dried it, then put it in a gift bag to take to the hospital with us.  I absolutely CAN'T wait to open it!!

Last but not least, Jeremy took me to one of my favorite spots: The Coffee Shop at Agritopia.  He could sense my spirits weren't quite as high as they usually are, and said he wanted to treat me to something sweet.  So we got a chocolate chip cookie dough whoopie pie and it was amazing!
Well that sums up the week.  I have a feeling the baby is either going to come on the 10th, or wait until after the 14th, don't ask me why haha.  See you all in a week!

3 comments:

  1. Ohh! I picked the 10th! Come on baby! April 10th is the perfect day for you to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So he knows what y'all are having and you don't. That's so exciting and nerve racking! I think since we know what we are having and have his name picked out, I think it would be really hard for me to still not know! I'm excited for your surprise! It won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my husband is the only one who knows, and the only one I would trust with that secret! He's a REALLY GOOD secret keeper and hasn't let it slip so far (fingers crossed). Can't wait to meet this little one, thanks for reading!

      Delete