Instagram -->

Friday, April 22, 2016

Maternity Swimwear

Swimsuit season is upon us here in Arizona!  I know... ALREADY?!  

I was not looking forward to this day at all!  In fact I went to Target about a month ago to try on swimsuits and it was an absolute disaster: toddler meltdown in the fitting room, ended up buying 3 and returned 2 of them. I had little faith ordering online would be any better.

I searched and searched and ended up buying this first one from Ebay.  I LOVE Ann Taylor LOFT, but wasn't liking any of their current option for this season.  So I hopped on Ebay, found this one for $13 and ordered immediately!
Ebay: Ann Taylor LOFT Maternity $13 Brand new with tags
This is a one piece suit that I purchased before getting input from other mama's.  Here are the possible problems with this option: strapless (although it did come with a strap I can attach).  With a toddler who's constantly pulling at my clothes I don't know why I didn't think of that before ordering.
Problem 2: It's a one piece and some mom's said it was a pain to pull a wet bathing suit over the baby belly after swimming.  Would have never thought of that!  I'll be updating both of these issues once I actually get in the water ;)

Next up is a suit I posted a few weeks back.  It was the most popular and the style I liked the most as well.  Again, I checked Motherhood Maternity and Pea In The Pod but didn't like any of their current styles plus they were MUCH more than I wanted to spend.  

So I headed to Amazon and found this one for a reasonable price:
Amazon: Jessica Simpson by Motherhood Maternity $40
This option is a halter tankini addressing both of the issues mentioned above.  The only possible problem I see with this option is that it is white and chlorine can discolor white swimsuits if not rinsed/washed after swimming. 

I'd love to see some of your maternity swimwear that you loved or that you've currently purchased as we'll be in the pool multiple times during the day this summer and could use one more (don't tell the hubby though haha).

1 comment: