Instagram -->

Sunday, January 12, 2014

26 Weeks: Less than 100 days to go!!

 Under 100 days?!  Officially, 92 days until our due date!  Where have the first two trimesters gone??  This is flying by you guys!!!

Update on baby: baby is the size of a head of lettuce, weighing in at 1.5-2.5 pounds, and 14-15 inches (two and a half pounds, really?!)  This little babe is a-growin' and I can't get enough.  Baby's eyelashes have come in, one thing I absolutely can't wait to see.  Eyes are forming and soon the baby will start to open and close his/her eyes.  The baby is taking breaths (of amniotic fluid, not air) but getting practice doing so.

Update on momma to be:  Supposedly I could start feeling contractions soon, but I have no idea what I'm feeling for, so no idea if I've had one or not.  Sleeping is continuing to go well with The Bump Nest, although I'm waking up on my back more often or not, was never a back sleeper before.  Every now and then my feet will swell a little, but nothing drastic so far.  I'm dying to feel the baby have the hiccups!  But so far only somersaults and kicks/punches, but they're definitely getting stronger.

I went to see my PCP (shout out to Dr. Ross at We Care Family Wellness Center!), LOVE LOVE LOVE them, so if you're searching for a good doc in the east valley I highly recommend them.  Anyhow, he's an osteopath, and my back has been bugging me, so I went in and he "adjusted" me.  I put that in quotations because it's not your typical chiropractic adjustment, it's very subtle and I left feeling revived.  Hopefully it'll last, but I won't hesitate to go back if my symptoms return.

I've also changed my eating habits this week, trying to stay away from fast food, which is my vice, and stick to clean(er) foods.  I've been prepping my snacks in advance, currently on a red bell pepper kick.  I have such a sweet tooth though, especially after dinner, or right before bed.  I've attempted tackled that with a trick from my grandma.  I keep a bag of york peppermint patties in my fridge.  They're something that fulfills my sweet tooth, but not something I'll gorge on.  I only have one...unless Jeremy brings the baby an extra :).

The planning has begun on the baby shower and I'm so excited!  I can't wait to be with my amazing family and friends, and mom's of some amazing kiddos.  So I started researching products for the registry, babies need A LOT of stuff!  We've also "started" on the nursery.  In actuality, I've had to first start on the office (it's more like Jeremy's hobby room) and organize that because the guest bed will move into that room.  We ordered a closet organizing system from Amazon, and brought home a few samples of paint.  I'll post pics as soon as we get projects done, promise!

That's it for now, see you all in a week.

Oh, if anyone has any recommendations for our registry please comment below!  Would love some suggestions as there are endless options and it can get a little overwhelming researching it all.  TIA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment