Instagram -->

Sunday, December 22, 2013

23 Weeks Pregnancy Update

We are at 23 Weeks!  Next week will be the 6 month mark, I can't believe it (I think I say that in every post)!  As you can see baby Rials is measuring in at about 12 inches long.  Not only can baby hear me, he/she can now hear loud noises outside my belly.  The baby's eyes have formed, although their is no pigmentation.  The baby is continuing to move A LOT and my sisters-in-law were both able to feel the baby kick today; although for some reason, whenever my mother-in-law attempted to feel the baby kick there was no movement.

I'm  feeling great.  I've exercised 5 out of 7 days this week.  Jeremy has even gone on a few walks with me, our longest being nearly 3 and a half miles.  My prenatal yoga workout was probably my favorite.  It has a lot to do with connecting with the baby and becoming more in-tune with yourself.  It was nice to step away from everything, and just concentrate on me and the baby for a little while.  I also realized how much flexibility I've lost since becoming pregnant.  I definitely want to continue this in the weeks and months to come.

I have another doctor's appointment coming up this week.  They will be doing a Glucose Tolerance Test which is a one-hour test that screens for gestational diabetes. Most practitioners routinely screen all pregnant women for gestational diabetes.  First, they have you drink a special glucose (sugar) mixture, then you sit and wait.  Exactly one hour later, they'll draw my blood and tested for glucose.  Jeremy will be working, so my mom will be accompanying me to the appointment.

We also had some fun this weekend.  We went to my best friend and her fiance's Christmas party.  Everyone was going to dress up a bit and I had absolutely NO idea what I was going to wear.  Erin actually gave me these maternity pants from J Crew and I LOVE them!  If I could afford it, that's where I would get all my maternity pants from.  I ended up going with a top from Francesca's that still somewhat fit, and a pair of heels.  Pregnant in heels is no joke people!  I did alright in them though (at least I think so anyway).

 



Jeremy and I kissing under the mistletoe

No comments:

Post a Comment