Instagram -->

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Charlotte Rose: 1 Month!

I can't believe my baby is one month old today!  This past weekend was full of fun and celebration as we spent time with our family and friends for my first Mother's Day and my birthday was the next day.

Charlotte and Jeremy had a beautiful ring made for me by our family friend Harry down in Sierra Vista.  They used some stones from a ring my parents had given me and designed a new setting.  The emerald stone is my birth stone and the diamonds on the sides are April's birthstone for Charlotte.  I think it turned out perfectly, I absolutely love it.

Beautiful birthday and Mother's Day gifts


I was also spoiled by my family and friends as we celebrated Saturday at one of our favorite restaurants Liberty Market.  Everyone who hadn't yet met Charlotte was able to hold her and she did VERY well!  She slept nearly the entire time and was so good.  We call her our little people pleaser as she is so good when we have visitors or are visiting others, but when it's just Jeremy and I at home, boy does she exercise those lungs!

Elise with baby Charlotte


Update on Charlotte:  We have had two doctor's appointments this week.  We visited the lactation consultant on Monday and she thinks her tongue-tie is healing very well with improved range of motion in her tongue and jaw.  She also thinks that even though we're using a shield during feedings, her lip tie is improving and she's not curling her lip under nearly as much as she was.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't have to have her upper lip tie done as well, but we'll find that out on Friday at our follow up appointment.

We also went to see our favorite doctor: Dr. Ross at We Care Family Wellness Center.  He is an osteopath and is working on Charlotte to improve her neck and jaw range of motion.

We are also working on tummy time and improving her neck strength.  She is awake for longer periods of time and much more alert when she is awake.  She loves looking around and exploring.  She is on the verge of smiling/laughing, it's going to be any day now I can feel it! 

Although this is Charlotte's play gym where she practices tummy time, the cats seem to love it more then she does!


We are going on our first roadtrip tomorrow.  (This is Jeremy's idea by the way)  We will be driving down to Sierra Vista to visit my parents as it's my mom's birthday. 

mini photo shoot on her one month birthday
Uncle Travis made a visit and spent some time with baby Charlie
We got to view some of Charlotte's newborn pictures, this is one of my favorites



No comments:

Post a Comment